Hope to see you soon! And if you don’t see the workshop or retreat you are looking for, send me a note and let’s try to make it happen.
Please check back regularly for new workshops/events.
Hugo House: Unleashing the Healing Power of Personal Narrative
- Date: Saturday, July 21, 2018
- Time: 10 am – 4 pm
- Where: Hugo House | 1021 Columbia St., Seattle, WA 98104
In this hands-on narrative writing workshop, NYT bestselling author Ingrid Ricks draws on lessons learned from writing her story and working one-on-one with more than a thousand students to help you unleash the power of personal narrative—and find healing along the way. You’ll learn how to identify and structure the personal story you need to tell and how to bring it to life through six different in-class writing assignments. Workshop includes individual ten-minute story structure sessions.
To Register, visit: www.hugohouse.org
What’s Your Story?
- Date: Saturday, September 8, 2018
- Time: 9 am – 12 pm (with ½ hour individual story structure session scheduled separately)
- Where: Phinney Ridge Community Center | 6532 Phinney Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98103
If you have a story you need to tell, but aren’t sure how to tell it, this workshop is for you.
I’ll start by guiding your though a series of self-probing questions that help you get to the heart of the story you want to tell. From there, we’ll discuss the key components of storytelling and break down three common story structures that can help you bring you story to life. In addition to the three-hour group workshop, this course includes a half-hour personal story structure consultation.
Unleashing the Healing Power of Personal Narrative—Weekend Retreat
- Date: Friday, November 2, 2018 – Sunday, November 4, 2018
- Where: Roslyn, WA
Join us for a weekend of empowerment and healing as we delve deeper into the story you need to write. This is an entire weekend devoted to you and your story — set in an intimate, soul-nourishing setting complete with amazing people, food, conversation and support.
*Note: This retreat is limited to seven participants. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability.
Price: $1197.00 ($897.00 early bird price for registrations prior to September 15th)
ONGOING: Summer Institutes Online Independent Course — Instructor: Ingrid Ricks
- What: Unleashing the Power of Personal Narrative
- When: Ongoing – Online Independent Study Course for Educators or ANYONE interested in unleashing the power of personal narrative.
- For More Information or to Register, CLICK HERE
Note: This is an intensive five-week course with video lessons and personal feedback on all writing assignments. The course, which can be completed in five weeks or on your own timeline, includes the submission of a 4-6 page story.